This Page

has been moved to new address

Motherhood

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Klapmusts: Motherhood

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Motherhood

In honor of Mother's Day, a few of my thoughts on motherhood....It's very cliche, but everyone always says that you don't know what it's like to be a mother until you are one.  I agree. 

Once I was pregnant, I thought I understood... I loved that little image on the ultrasound screen, all the little (and big!) kicks and nudges, and starting to imagine who he was going to be....
17 weeks
And then the day came, I was admitted into the hospital and I was so overwhelmed with anticipation and excitement, I thought I understood....I could not wait to meet this baby who I loved so much already, after months of planning and waiting, I was going to be a mom!

And then finally, the next day, he arrived!  The moment I heard that little (ok, big!) cry come from my little boy on the other side of the curtain, I swelled with pride and was overcome with emotion.  Robert was here, he was ours, and he was perfect.  Jim brought him over so I could meet him and kiss his face.  One of the happiest moments of my life.

But nothing compared to about 30 minutes later, when I finally got to hold my little Robert myself.  I knew life would never be the same again.  I loved all 8 pounds and 10 ounces of that boy with all my heart - I understood. 

Fast forward a few months, and I really do understand - I understand that every day that I get to know him better, I love my son more and more.  I never imagined myself being a stay at home mom, but I am embracing it.  It is by far the hardest and yet most rewarding job I've ever had.  The lengths I will go to in order to soothe my baby or to get a smile or giggle out of him know no bounds.  The awe I am in with each new milestone is indescribable.  He has taught me so much more than I could ever realize that a baby could teach a mom - what sacrifice means, how to adapt to his ever-changing routines, how to survive on little sleep - how to be a mom.

I celebrated my first Mother's Day with my family - the best way to commemorate the first of many more to come.


Love. This. Family.


2 Comments:

Blogger Demarest79 said...

You have a beautiful family Cindy and you couldn't have put that into better words. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!

May 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks :)

May 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home